Allen TX is an energetic suburb north of Dallas, that has outstanding schools, excellent housing, planned communities, wonderful shopping, dining and entertainment.
Allen is located immediately north of Plano in Collin County and has a population of just over 84,000. This location grants easy access to employers and makes Allen TX a popular destination for families relocating to the north Dallas suburbs.
Money Magazine named Allen the 13th Best Place to Live in the US, in their 2012 rankings.
Parks and Recreation: Allen has more than 700 acres of parks, 40 miles of hiking and nature trails and five recreation facilities and has special events for the enjoyment of the community.
Allen Station Park features a concrete skate park, two roller-hockey rinks, BMX track and visitor center. The skate park is the largest outdoor facility of its kind in the state. Pools and recreation centers offer youth, adult and senior programs.
Education: The Allen Independent School District is committed to providing the highest quality of education and citizenship, while maintaining acceptable student-to-staff ratios and class sizes.
Allen ISD earned a Recognized Rating under the 2011 Texas Education Agency accountability rating system, with 12 individual campuses rated Exemplary, which is the highest rating.
Shop ’till You Drop
No longer the quaint brick paved streets with limited retail shops, Allen TX now offers several upscale shopping and dining experiences, recreational opportunities, event hosting and lodging.
Watters Creek is an upscale retail area that features unique boutiques and national favorites, including Market Street, a world-class food concept store. Dining includes P.F. Changs, The Cheesecake Factory, Panera Bread Cafe and many others.
There is also Class AA office space integrated into this resort style retail development, and apartment living will be available soon. Watters Creek is on the southwest corner of 75 Central and Bethany.
You don’t have to go far to find some of the most desirable shopping in north Texas. The newest is located in north Allen at Stacy Road and 75 Central – The Villages at Allen, The Villages at Fairview and Allen Premium Outlet Mall.
The Village at Allen is a large and unique collection of restaurants and shops as well as the Allen Event Center and Courtyard by Marriott. It addition to a shopping experience, recreational events include catch and release fishing and Canine Commons Dog Park. The Village at Allen offers employment opportunities as well, and is still growing.
Allen Event Center is host to top concerts, trade shows, professional sporting events, festivals, community ceremonies, and more. It is home ice to CHL professional hockey team, the Allen Americans, professional indoor football team, the Allen Wranglers and the Tom Thumb Texas Stampede.
Allen Premium Outlet Mall is host to an impressive collection of speciality shops with savings on clothing, jewelry, shoes, household items and more. Stores include Adidas, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Coach, Cole Haan, Gap Outlet, Guess, J.Crew, Kenneth Cole, Last Call by Neiman Marcus, Michael Kors, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and many more. The Mall is a common destination for travel and tourism groups; it is located on the northwest corner of Stacy Road and 75 Central.
Housing: Allen is fortunate to benefit from the rapid growth for the past 15 years and offers homes for every price point from first time homebuyer to executive luxury homes. Communities are carefully planned and many include a club house, community pool, trails, parks, water features and a golf course. Here are a few of those communities.
Consider moving to Allen TX and the many advantages for making this fantastic city your home. My name is Marian Porter and I offer you my services as a local real estate expert, and resident of Allen.
Search Allen homes
New Construction in Allen - This is just a sample – Call Marian 214-212-6770 for the latest & greatest!
Search North Texas MLS - UPDATED DAILY.
Showing properties 1 - 25 of 73. See more Real estate in the city of Allen.
(all data current as of 5/21/2013)
- $200,000 : 2035 Camelot Drive, Allen4 beds, 2 full baths
- $204,900 : 304 Phoebe Drive, Allen3 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $204,999 : 716 Seminole Trail, Allen4 beds, 2 full baths
- $205,000 : 806 Fall Drive, Allen3 beds, 2 full baths
- $209,900 : 1304 Hillcrest Drive, Allen4 beds, 2 full baths
- $209,900 : 738 Pulitzer Lane, Allen4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $210,000 : 1320 Hazelwood Drive, Allen4 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
- $210,000 : 903 Homestead Trail, Allen4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $212,000 : 726 Rolling Hills Drive, Allen4 beds, 2 full baths
- $215,000 : 303 Fountain Gate Drive, Allen4 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
- $219,000 : 1413 Glendover Drive, Allen3 beds, 2 full baths
- $220,000 : 1300 Crescent Drive, Allen4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $220,000 : 1314 Glendover Drive, Allen4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $224,900 : 1449 Lone Star Court, Allen3 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $225,000 : 1305 Grapevine Drive, Allen4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $225,000 : 1903 Downing Street, Allen3 beds, 3 full baths
- $225,000 : 1030 Audrey Way, Allen3 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $227,000 : 807 Laura Court, Allen5 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $229,000 : 1 Creekcrest Court, Allen4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $229,000 : 2010 Fox Glen Drive, Allen4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $229,000 : 1145 Sophia Street, Allen3 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $229,900 : MLS # 11956469 in Allen4 beds, 2 full baths
- $229,900 : 1718 Hackberry Branch Drive, Allen4 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
- $229,900 : 1546 Crystal Pass, Allen4 beds, 2 full baths
- $229,900 : 1310 Heather Brook Drive, Allen4 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.